The Connecticut pro chapter of SPJ wants to send you to Orlando to attend the national SPJ Excellence in Journalism convention this September.
The board is offering up to $1,300 in a professional development grant to pay your way to the SPJ convention as a way to thank you for being a member of CTSPJ.
We value professional development, but know funding your own trip to the convention can be difficult. So let us pay your way.
To apply, send a two-to-three paragraph description of why you want to attend the national SPJ convention in Orlando to CTSPJ Past President Cindy Simoneau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the e-mail subject CTSPJ LandInOrlando.
Simoneau will prepare a blind review for the current board to read and vote on.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday July 24 to be considered by the board.
Winners will be notified before the Aug. 4 early bird registration deadline.
- All applications must be current CTSPJ members in good standing. New members who join before the deadline are eligible for the grant. To join SPJ, click here to visit the national SPJ website. New CTSPJ members don’t pay local dues their first year. All other CTSPJ members must pay the $10 local dues in addition to the national dues.
- The CTSPJ board will reimburse your conference travel expenses up to $1,300. You’ll need to save receipts for your travel, hotel, and registration, and get them to the board treasurer in order to get the grant reimbursement.
- If you sign up as a new member, please save a copy of your confirmation to show proof of membership.
- All applications will be reviewed by the CTSPJ board without knowledge of your name or publication. They will be handled through non-voting Past President Cindy Simoneau.
- The person selected will be expected to attend two sessions during the conference with the board delegates, held on Saturday and Sunday.
- The national convention runs from Sept. 18-20. For more information, go to the convention website.