Wanted: Contest Assistant Clerk CTSPJ Excellence in Journalism Contest — temporary
Description: The Connecticut chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists is looking for a temporary clerk to assist with its annual Excellence in Journalism contest. The clerk will manage submissions, coordinate communications with entrants and judges, and may have other clerical duties. The clerk will also help craft the job description and structure for the position next year.
This temporary position begins December 23, 2013 and lasts through late May 2014. This is a remote/virtual position. The clerk will be expected to be reachable during days, nights and weekends, especially from mid-February to mid-April.
- Review hundreds of electronic entries to the Excellence in Journalism contest. Work with entrants to fix issues that arise during and after the contest period.
- Communicate with the SPJ contest committee about the registration process and specific entries
- Facilitate judging process with judges from multiple states
- Work with the contest website back-end and database
- Other contest-related activities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with database administration and Excel. Previous database experience preferred
- Interest in the journalism field*
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to SPJ President Jodie Mozdzer Gil at email@example.com by December 13, 2013.
*No active Connecticut journalists please.